Studies show that the current overall trend toward driving less that is occurring in the United States is being led by the millennial generation. According to the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute, “young people are getting driver’s licenses in smaller numbers than previous generations.” Other age groups are contributing to the drop-off in driving as well. This New York Times article profiles a few people in Charlotte, NC who have made a conscious decision to reduce their driving.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Titania Markland
- New Pedestrian Portal Lets Users View and Update Sidewalk Conditions in Real Time
- There Is Still Time To Apply For Our Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grant
- New Measures Improve Road Safety Near Somerton Station