Studies show that the current overall trend toward driving less that is occurring in the United States is being led by the millennial generation. According to the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute, “young people are getting driver’s licenses in smaller numbers than previous generations.” Other age groups are contributing to the drop-off in driving as well. This New York Times article profiles a few people in Charlotte, NC who have made a conscious decision to reduce their driving.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Matt’s History of Pedestrian Experiences in the City
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: The Rittenhouse Jaunters
- Pedestrian Stories on JFK Boulevard and Market Street
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: APM Community Connectors
- Pedestrian Fatalities Can Be Prevented: We Need Your Help