Studies show that the current overall trend toward driving less that is occurring in the United States is being led by the millennial generation. According to the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute, “young people are getting driver’s licenses in smaller numbers than previous generations.” Other age groups are contributing to the drop-off in driving as well. This New York Times article profiles a few people in Charlotte, NC who have made a conscious decision to reduce their driving.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Take Our Action And Tell The City To Fund Sidewalks In The Next Budget
- We Closed Out 2020 With A Fun Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- Feet First Philly and Clean Air Council Announce 7 Recipients Of Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grants
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Russell Zerbo
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners