SEPTA was recently awarded a $5 million grant through the Federal Transit Administration’s State of Good Repair and Bus Livability programs, which awarded $787 million to transit projects in 48 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. The money that SEPTA receives will be put toward the renovation of 69th Street Transportation Center in Upper Darby. The grant supports improving “pedestrian access,” among other things, as the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Titania Markland
- New Pedestrian Portal Lets Users View and Update Sidewalk Conditions in Real Time
- There Is Still Time To Apply For Our Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grant
- New Measures Improve Road Safety Near Somerton Station