SEPTA was recently awarded a $5 million grant through the Federal Transit Administration’s State of Good Repair and Bus Livability programs, which awarded $787 million to transit projects in 48 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. The money that SEPTA receives will be put toward the renovation of 69th Street Transportation Center in Upper Darby. The grant supports improving “pedestrian access,” among other things, as the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Matt’s History of Pedestrian Experiences in the City
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: The Rittenhouse Jaunters
- Pedestrian Stories on JFK Boulevard and Market Street
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: APM Community Connectors
- Pedestrian Fatalities Can Be Prevented: We Need Your Help