Philadelphia has lots of great public spaces, but for today only, a few more have popped up. It’s Park(ing) Day, where citizens and organizations transform ordinary street parking spots into public spaces! Park(ing) Day is a worldwide event held on the third Friday in September. This year, activists, artists, and others have created 59 temporary parks in Philadelphia–about 30 spots more than in years past. Learn where to find this years participants at Park(ing) Day Philadelphia’s website!
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Titania Markland
- New Pedestrian Portal Lets Users View and Update Sidewalk Conditions in Real Time
- There Is Still Time To Apply For Our Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grant
- New Measures Improve Road Safety Near Somerton Station