NYC is reducing speed limits to 20 mph in 13 neighborhoods throughout the city. Lower speeds for cars make it safer for pedestrians–a collision with a vehicle traveling at 20 mph is 35% less likely to be fatal than one in which the car is going 30 mph.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Matt’s History of Pedestrian Experiences in the City
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: The Rittenhouse Jaunters
- Pedestrian Stories on JFK Boulevard and Market Street
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: APM Community Connectors
- Pedestrian Fatalities Can Be Prevented: We Need Your Help