NYC is reducing speed limits to 20 mph in 13 neighborhoods throughout the city. Lower speeds for cars make it safer for pedestrians–a collision with a vehicle traveling at 20 mph is 35% less likely to be fatal than one in which the car is going 30 mph.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Titania Markland
- New Pedestrian Portal Lets Users View and Update Sidewalk Conditions in Real Time
- There Is Still Time To Apply For Our Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grant
- New Measures Improve Road Safety Near Somerton Station