As part of an open data initiative, members of the Code for DC Brigade found a correlation between higher public school performance and walkability. It is also known that walkability and access to transit increase real estate values. What does this say about DC schools, or about walkable neighborhoods, for that matter? In an article for The Atlantic Cities, Emily Badger describes the open data project in further detail and offers some suggestions for what this might mean.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Matt’s History of Pedestrian Experiences in the City
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: The Rittenhouse Jaunters
- Pedestrian Stories on JFK Boulevard and Market Street
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: APM Community Connectors
- Pedestrian Fatalities Can Be Prevented: We Need Your Help