As part of an open data initiative, members of the Code for DC Brigade found a correlation between higher public school performance and walkability. It is also known that walkability and access to transit increase real estate values. What does this say about DC schools, or about walkable neighborhoods, for that matter? In an article for The Atlantic Cities, Emily Badger describes the open data project in further detail and offers some suggestions for what this might mean.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Take Our Action And Tell The City To Fund Sidewalks In The Next Budget
- We Closed Out 2020 With A Fun Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- Feet First Philly and Clean Air Council Announce 7 Recipients Of Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grants
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Russell Zerbo
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners