As part of an open data initiative, members of the Code for DC Brigade found a correlation between higher public school performance and walkability. It is also known that walkability and access to transit increase real estate values. What does this say about DC schools, or about walkable neighborhoods, for that matter? In an article for The Atlantic Cities, Emily Badger describes the open data project in further detail and offers some suggestions for what this might mean.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Titania Markland
- New Pedestrian Portal Lets Users View and Update Sidewalk Conditions in Real Time
- There Is Still Time To Apply For Our Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grant
- New Measures Improve Road Safety Near Somerton Station