This article in The Atlantic Cities compares the car to older technologies such as the steamboat. At one point, it may have been hard to picture a society without these vessels, which played a huge role in the transportation of freight in the 1800’s. However, thanks to technological developments since then, the steamboat has become all but obsolete. Thus, it may be difficult to imagine a world where the car does not play such a central role, but current “socio-technical transitions” may indicate that we are already on the road (no pun intended) to a different sort of transportation future.
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Take Our Action And Tell The City To Fund Sidewalks In The Next Budget
- We Closed Out 2020 With A Fun Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- Feet First Philly and Clean Air Council Announce 7 Recipients Of Public Space Enhancement Mini-Grants
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Russell Zerbo
- Video: Hear From VSH Park Reps And Listen For The Nov Grand Prize Winners