As part of a prank staged by New York City-based collective Improv Everywhere, people dressed in orange vests pretended to be city employees acting as “seeing-eye people” for texting and walking. While the concept may sound absurd, it calls attention to how hazardous texting and walking can really be for pedestrians. Make sure to stay alert when you’re walking and cross the street only when it is safe!
Follow Feet First Philly on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Matt’s History of Pedestrian Experiences in the City
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: The Rittenhouse Jaunters
- Pedestrian Stories on JFK Boulevard and Market Street
- Pedestrians of Philadelphia: APM Community Connectors
- Pedestrian Fatalities Can Be Prevented: We Need Your Help